Summer here we come! I’m ready… are you?
I want to kick summer off with some laughs.
The kids have heard the gardening jokes, bee jokes & spring jokes WAY too many times so I decided to round up a new list of jokes for kids. (You might also like Father’s Day Jokes, shark jokes & beach jokes)
REALLY Funny Summer Jokes for Kids
- Why are gulls named seagulls? – If they were by the bay, they’d be bagels.
- Why don’t oysters share their pearls? – Because they’re shellfish.
- Which letter is the coolest? – Iced t.
- What do you call a snowman in July? – A puddle.
- What do you call a fish with no eyes? – A fsh.
- What happens when you throw a green rock into the Red Sea? – It gets wet.
- What did one tide pool say to the other tide pool?- Show me your mussels.
- When do you go at red and stop at green? – When you’re eating a watermelon.
- Why did the man love his barbecue? – Because it was the grill of his dreams.
- What did the ocean say to the sailboat? – Nothing it just waved.
- What happens when you cross a shark with a snowman? – Frostbite!
Summer Knock-Knock Jokes
Everyone loves a knock-knock joke, especially a knock-knock joke about summer! Check out our ultimate list of funny knock-knock jokes here.
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Ice cream. Ice cream who? Ice cream if you don’t let me in!
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Olive. Olive who? Olive next door, hello neighbor!
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Gladys. Gladys who? Gladys summer.
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Gorilla. Gorilla who? Gorilla me a hamburger.
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Ketchup. Ketchup who? Ketchup with me and I’ll tell you!
Bring these summer puns and jokes along with you on summer vacation. You’ll be able to get everyone laughing.
- What did the mom tell her son who wanted to go swimming in the ocean? – Let’s wait and sea!
- Why did the girl get upset about eating inside? – It was no picnic.
- What did the dolphin say to the killer whales? – Let’s find your porpoise.
- What did the fisherman say when his fishing line got tangled? – Something a-piers to be wrong.
- What did the seagull say to his kids? – Call me on the shellphone.
Jokes about Summer Camp
Hilarious summer jokes about summer camp. Click here > for camp jokes for kids.
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? RV. RV who? RV there yet?
- Do fish go to summer camp? – No, because they’re always in school!
- Where do sharks go to summer camp? – Finland.
- Why don’t mummies go to summer camp? – They’re afraid to relax and unwind!
- How do you keep your sleeping bag from getting stretched out? — Don’t sleep too long in it!
Sun Jokes for Kids
The sun is shining. It’s time for some jokes about the sun.
- What does the sun drink out of? – Sunglasses.
- What is the best day to go to the beach? – SUNday.
- What holds the sun up in the sky? – Sunbeams.
- What do sheep do on sunny days? – Have a baa-baa-cue.
- Why do bananas use sunscreen? – Because they peel.
Hot Weather Jokes
- What does a bee do when it is hot? – He takes off his yellow jacket.
- What did the pig say on a hot summer day? – I’m bacon!
- What did the air conditioning say to the man? – I’m your biggest fan.
- Why didn’t the sun go to college? – Because it already has a million degrees.
- What do toads drink on a hot summer days? – Ice cold Croak-o-cola.
Jokes about Popsicles
- What did the father popsicle say to his son when they got the crowded beach? – Stick with me.
- What is true of the popsicle stick, whether or not it has ice cream on it? – It’s a little sticky.
- What does a popsicle become when it melts? – Sticky.
- What did the little boy call his dad when he fell on the ice? – Pop-sicle!
- Why do astronauts eat only popsicles? – They can’t hear the ice cream truck in space.
- What race is never run? – A swimming race.
- What do you get when you combine an elephant with a fish? – Swimming trunks!
- Why did the teacher jump into the water? – She wanted to test it!
- Why did the cantaloupe jump into the pool? – It wanted to become a watermelon.
- What stroke do sheep enjoy doing? – The baaaackstroke.
Picnic Jokes for Summer Fun
If you love these, you’ll love our jokes about lunch.
- What did the mama Llama say to the baby llama as they prepared for a picnic? – Alpaca lunch.
- What did Yogi bear put in the picnic basket? – Just the bear necessities.
- How was the picnic with no drinks? – It was soda pressing.
- Why did the prune go to the picnic with a tomato? – Because he couldn’t find a date.
- What happens when you make an egg laugh? – It cracks up.
For more giggly fun, check out these books:
- Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- Laugh-out-Loud Jokes for Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- National Geographic Kids Just Joking (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
Do you have any funny summer jokes to add? Share them in comments.