Time for some outside camping fun? You’ve come to the right place. Just being outside is a wonderful experience. Adding to the fun by doing a little prep work makes camping (especially with kids) even better.
Once you have these funny jokes about camping printed and ready, you can head over to find 10 Must-Have Camping Supplies. Next stop? 50 Ideas to Make Camping Easier and Camping with Kids: 40 Tips, Activities, Games, and Recipes.
Funny Camping Jokes for KidsClick here to get your camping jokes.
- What did the beaver say to the tree? — It’s been nice gnawing you.
- What do you call a group of grizzlies cracking up together? — A Bear-el of laughs.
- Why does Humpty Dumpty love camping autumn? — Because Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
- What type of chair is good at yoga? — A folding chair.
- Where do cows go camping? — Moo York.
- How do trees access the internet? — They log in.
- Why are people who go camping on April 1 always tired? — Because they just finished a 31 day March.
- Where does a camper keep his money? — In the river bank.
- What’s another name for a sleeping bag? — A nap sack.
- How do you keep your sleeping bag from getting stretched out? — Don’t sleep too long in it!
- Why did the fish blush? — Because it saw the lakes bottom.
- Why don’t pirates sleep in tents? — They like to enjoy the night ahrrrrr.
- What did the pine tree wear to the lake? — Swimming trunks.
- Can a frog jump higher than an average tent? — Of course, an average tent can’t jump.
- How can you tell if a tree is dogwood? — By its bark.
- What camping destination makes a pet bird sing with joy? — Canary Islands.
- What do you call a bear with no teeth? — Gummy bear.
- What is a tree’s favorite drink? — Root beer.
- How do you catch a squirrel? — Climb a tree and act like a nut.
- Where do ants go camping? — Frants.
- How do computer programmers make extra money in the summer? — They make a small fortune helping campers get rid of bugs.
- Where do goldfish go camping? — Around the globe.
- What did the cow wear to his camping trip in Hawaii? — A moo moo.
- What warm drink helps you relax while camping? — Calm-omile tea.
- Where do sharks like to camp? — Finland.
- What did the bear say when he saw the campers in sleeping bags? — Sandwiches!
Camping Knock Knock Jokes
We like knock-knock jokes in general. We love knock-knock jokes about camping.
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? RV. RV who? RV there yet?
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Armageddon. Armageddon who? Armageddon cold out here!
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Canoe. Canoe who? Canoe come out and play with me?
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Carrie. Carrie who? Carrie these camping chairs, please.
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Hoo. Who hoo? Uh oh, watch out for the owl!
Camp Jokes for Kids
Print these jokes about camp and add them to your camper’s bag.
- Why did the camp counselor quit his job? – Because it was always in tents.
- Why did the summer camp counselors wear sunglasses? – Because their campers were so bright.
- Where did the sheep go to camp? — The Baa-hamas!
- How do campers communicate with fish? — They drop a line!
- Why don’t mummies go to camp? — They’re afraid to relax and rewind.
- Why didn’t the elephant take a suitcase to camp? — He already had his trunk.
- Why did the robot go to camp? — He needed to recharge his batteries.
- What vegetables like to go to camp? — Brussel Scouts.
- What do spiders do at camp? — Fly fishing.
- What type of shoes do frogs wear when they go to camp? — Open-toad shoes.
- What did the campers say when the guides asked them how they enjoyed the campfire? – They all gave it glowing reviews.
- What did the father say to his daughter when her marshmallows kept falling into the campfire? – Stick with it.
- What do you call a group of bears laughing around a campfire? — A bearel of laughs.
Camping Riddles with Answers
- Give me food, and I will live. Give me water, and I will die. What am I? — Campfire.
- A man went on a camping trip on his horse. He left on Sunday and came back on Sunday but he went away for 10 days. How can this be? — His horse’s name was Sunday.
- I can be put in a bag but I’m not a sandwich. I have a door but I’m not a car. I’m sometimes made of canvas but I’m not a piece of art. I have people sleeping in me but I’m not a hotel room. What am I? — A tent.
- I have a magnet but I don’t stick to metal. I have a needle but I can’t sew. I sometimes have scales but I can’t weigh anything. I help you find your way but I’m not a map. I have N E W S on me but I’m not a TV. What am I? — A compass.
- Johnny received two tents from a local farmer, two tents from his mother-in-law, and two tents from a deer hunter. He has seven tents to take to the camping site. How is this possible? — He already owned a tent.
Check out our full list of camping puns!
- Camping? Alpaca my tent!
- I’ll take s’more chocolate and marshmallows, please.
- I slept like a log last night, and then woke up on the campfire.
- The world needs s’more people like you.
- Loosen up, your too tents.
- You can’t run through a campsite, you can only ran because it’s past tents.
- What did the llama say when his cousin asked him to go camping? — Alpaca tent.
- Did you hear about the pair of honey-making insects that fell in love on a camping trip? — It was tent two bee.
- It only costs a few bucks to get into our local aquarium if you’re camping nearby or dressed as a dolphin. Yup, for all in tents and porpoises, it’s free!
Long Camping Jokes
- An adventurer was paddling the river in winter. Feeling cold, he lit a fire in his boat. He quickly realized… you can’t have your kayak and heat it too.
- If you’ve got four tents, eight sleeping bags, and six camping chairs in your wheelbarrow, what have you got? — A big wheel-barrow.
- Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip together. After eating their dinner around the campfire they retire to the tent to go to sleep. A few hours later Sherlock wakes up.
“Watson, are you awake?”
“Yes sir. What is it?”
“Look up and tell me what you see.”
“I see billions of stars,” says Watson.
“And what does that tell you Watson,” asks Holmes.
“Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all-powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.”
“Why? – What does it tell you, Holmes?”
Holmes is quiet for a moment then says: “It tells me that there’s a hole in our tent.”
- A 12-year-old boy goes camping for the first time in the woods with his father. After they have set up camp he asks his dad where he can go to the toilet.
“That’s the beauty of camping in the woods,” the father replies, “You can go to the toilet wherever you want.” After five minutes or so, the young lad wanders back to the campfire. “So, where did you go to the toilet then, son?” The father asks. “In your tent,” the boy replies.
- A local farmer had opened up his land to campers. When I arrived, he helped me into the field with a wooden step over the fence. — I told him that liked his stile.