Is it camping season where you are? Or maybe you’re dreaming of your next camping trip. Either way, these camping riddles are sure to be just in time.
Once you’ve printed the camping riddles, check out our other camping resources. Camping with kids: tips activities and games, camping with toddlers, top 10 camping must-haves, and of course camping jokes & camping puns.
Camping Riddles Printable
Print and pack. Easy!
Click here for your Camping Riddles
- Give me food, and I will live. Give me water, and I will die. What am I? – A fire.
- How do you start a fire using two pieces of wood? – Make sure one is a matchstick.
- 4 men went camping. They decided to go for a hike. They brought one umbrella but when they came back to the camp. None of their clothes were wet. How is that possible? – It wasn’t raining.
- I need no sound for a perfect pitch. My canopy is closer to you than forest trees. I have no stories but I use a plot. I can be put in a bag but I’m not a sandwich. What am I? – A tent.
- What always runs, but never walks, often murmurs but never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, has a mouth but doesn’t eat? A river.
- What has cities, but no people, forests, but no trees, and seas, but no fish? – A map.
- You are out camping in the wilderness. You are awakened by a rustling noise. You go outside and see a bear outside your tent. You run 1 mile south, 1 mile west, and 1 mile north, to return to your camp which has been destroyed. What color is the bear? – The bear is white because the only place where you can run 1 mile south, one mile west and one mile north and return to the same location is the north pole.
- I’m one of the animals in The Muppets but I’m not a pig. I have large paws but I’m not a lion. I have fur but I’m not a cat. I sometimes live in caves but I’m not a bat. I hibernate but I’m not a squirrel. What am I? – A bear.
- When you buy me, I am black. When you use me, I am red. When you’re finished with me, I am gray. – Charcoal.
- You see this in the water but it doesn’t get wet. – Your reflection.
- Mr. and Mrs. Smith went for a picnic. Mrs. Smith has 5 sons and each son has a sister who has 5 daughters each of whom have 1 brother each. How many of them went for the picnic? – 2 people. Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
If you liked these riddles, check out our clever riddles with answers, nature riddles, riddles for teens, and winter riddles collections.
Share your camping riddle in the comments!
For more giggly fun, check out these books:
- Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- Laugh-out-Loud Jokes for Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- National Geographic Kids Just Joking (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- Difficult Riddles For Smart Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
Leave a Reply