Gardening Riddles with Answers That the Whole Gardening Club Will Love
Are you preparing your garden? This list of gardening riddles will help get you in the mood, they might give you something to ponder while you dig into the season!
You might also like our collection of gardening jokes and puns, animal riddles, bee jokes, and bee puns.
Print your Gardening Riddles
Click here to print your Gardening Riddles
Gardening Riddles with Answers
- I am the only vegetable that will make you cry, but not because I’ve hurt your feelings. What am I? – An onion.
- I am a crunchy vegetable, with a lot of vitamin C and fiber. Some kids think that I look like a little green tree! What am I? – Broccoli.
- You bury me when I´m alive, and dig me up only when I die. What am I? – A plant.
- My eye is dark, and my mane is yellow. You may see me at the grocery store. When I stand in the field I’m probably taller than you. What am I? – Sunflower.
- I do not eat food. But I do enjoy a light meal every day. What am I? – A plant (photosynthesis).
- I am a seed with three letters in my name. Take away the last two and I still sound the same. What am I? – Pea.
- I have wings but I’m not a bird. I am small and colorful. I live in gardens and fields and forests. I used to be a caterpillar. What am I? – A butterfly.
- Your Dad gives you $10 and tells you to buy; something for him to eat, something for him to drink, something to feed his cows, and something to plant in his garden. It should be only one single item that meets all these criteria. What do you buy? – A watermelon.
- I usually hold two occupants, sometimes one, rarely three. Break the walls, eat the insides, then throw me away. What am I? – Peanut shell.
- I am a food with 5 letters. If you remove the first letter I am a form of energy. Remove two and I’m needed to live. Scramble the last 3 and you can drink me down. What am I? – Wheat.
Add your favorite gardening riddle to the comments.
For more giggly fun, check out these books:
- Best Joke Books for 7-year-olds
- Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- Laugh-out-Loud Jokes for Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- National Geographic Kids Just Joking (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link