When was the last time you had a date night?
Truth be told we love being at home so the post with 50 Fun Date Night Ideas for at Home worked perfectly for us. Our favorite way to spend a date night is playing games.
Games are easy, they don’t take much prep once you’ve learned the rules and the can be really fun…
if you pick the right ones.
6 Date Night Games that will Make you Want to Stay In
These six date night games are great to play with 2 players and each have their own unique fun factor!
- Ticket To Ride – Ticket to Ride comes in several different versions. We’ve played the original (USA) and Europe. The rules for both are almost identical. Ticket to Ride takes about 45 minutes to play. I like that the your strategy changes depending on the moves your opponent makes. There are usually a few nail biting moments.
- Othello – The box says “A minute to learn… a lifetime to master.” It’s true, Othello is very easy to learn. The fun comes in trying out different strategies. This one takes about 15 – 20 minutes to play.
- The Settlers of Catan (two player verison) – Catan is not a two player game. We searched two player Catan rules and found them. Ehh. We really enjoy playing Catan the way it’s intended even with 2 players. Catan takes about an hour to play, sometimes longer.
- Golf – One of the things I love about the card game Golf is that you can make it as long or short as you want. Each hand takes about 10 minutes. Sometimes we play only a couple of hands and sometimes we just keep playing and playing.
- 10,000 – 10,000 is probably the game we’ve played most in our marriage. It travels really well, so we’ve played on airplanes, in delivery rooms, camping… it’s also really fun. We first learned when we were dating and after 12 years of marriage, it’s still one of our go to games.
- Bananagrams – Banagrams is perfect for those who love word games. It plays a lot like Scrabble except that you each have your own words to play off… and it’s all about how fast you can go not about how many points you can get. Each round takes about ten minutes and you can play as many rounds as you want!
Check out some of our favorite family games as well.
Do you have a favorite 2 player date night game?
Give your marriage a little extra love!
Looking for simple ways to build the connection between you and your love?
February 1st kicks off the FREE Feel the Love email series. 3 days of simple ideas that will keep you connecting way past Valentines Day.