I’ve started a list of stocking stuffer ideas and I thought I’d share it with you! Some of the goodies have shown up in every stocking I’ve stuffed, some were gems from the past, and some will be brand new this year.
I think this series of gift ideas will give you a pretty clear understanding that I prefer practical, useful things that will actually be used.
When I spend money (usually way more than I expect) filling stockings, I want it to be with stuff that has a purpose and not just an initial thrill.
Stocking Stuffer Ideas | Practical (and fun) Stocking Stuffers
This post contains affiliate links. That means anything you buy through these links will help pay for the stuff in our stockings… so thanks. 😉
- Toothbrush – This is funny. Big M actually said to me this morning. “I was going to say I want a new toothbrush but then remembered it’s almost Christmas. Santa will put one in my stocking.” These Oral -B Brushes are a great choice. Star Wars, Finding Dory, or look for the favorite character in your house.
- Comfy Socks – You will probably find comfy socks on every list I make… so if you ever meet me in person you know what will win me over! These colorful socks have great reviews. I even tracked down some funky boy socks because girls aren’t the only ones who like to feel warm and snuggly.
- Book Lights – The kids got Mighty Bright Book Light last year. They come in a lot of different colors and keep the kids reading. AWESOME!
- Bubble Bath – It doesn’t matter if you pick up an inexpensive version or go for something a little fancier, bubble bath (like Burt’s Bees Baby Bubble Bath) will always bring on smiles.
- Water Cup – We love, love, love our Funtainers. I’ve written about them before and I’m sure I will be writing about them again and again. We’ve had ours for 3 years. The kids have two, which I swap out for washing. They use them every day and trust me, M and M are not gentle. Can you say DURABLE??? (Update: This year the came out with 16-Ounce Funtainer Bottles. Same great design and they hold more water.)
- Art Supplies – Stockings are the perfect place to replenish the art center. Think markers, crayons, colored pencils, and paint. The kids will appreciate the fresh supplies (and you were going to buy them anyway, right?)
- Gloves – We live where it’s pretty warm all year so Hat, Scarf & Glove Sets are more for fun than necessity, although now that we’re watching baseball games late at night they’ll probably get more use.
- Toothbrush Timer – Do I need to say anything else? “Wash & Brush” Timer even has a hand washing timer! (Update: The reviews weren’t great, but we’ve now had ours for two years. We had no problems at all and the kids use it twice a day!)
- Games – There are so many games that can be played with dice or cards. (Here are a couple… 10,000 dice game & Golf card game.)
- Watch – Little M is learning to tell time. It’s so fun, I can’t wait for her to have her own watch. (And a boy’s watch).
I know I’m not the only practical Mom out there… do you have any stocking stuffer ideas to add?
Don’t miss the newest version 10 MORE Stocking Stuffers the Kids will Actually Use! There are some awesome stocking stuffer ideas that have been added in the comments as well.
More Gift Guides