Christmas is right around the corner and I’m hard at work trying to figure out what the perfect gifts will be this year. How is your gift list coming along?
This year I am determined to make the bulk of the gifts “sibling friendly“. Why do I want gifts for siblings to share?
For one, we just don’t need that much more STUFF. I also love the way M and M play together. Bringing in cooperative toys will help encourage more of that. Wins all the way around.
If you’ve seen my gift guides before you know they all lean towards practical (while still being fun, of course!).
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting Confidence Meets Parenting.
10 Fantastic Gifts for Siblings to Share
- CD Player – Can you believe a CD player was one of our best purchases over this past year? I almost didn’t buy it because it’s so easy to put music and audiobooks on our phones… but I think the CD player is probably the most used item in our house. It’s wonderful because the kids can move it around, use it on their own or together, and be completely in control of it.
- Audio Books – And the reason that our CD player is so very important… you can almost always hear an audiobook playing in the background as the kids build or create. They have fallen in love with The 39 Clues series. (We get audiobooks from the library but since they have resorted to listening to these stories over and over, it’s time to buy the set!) For younger kids, we loved the Magic Tree House Collection.
- Games – Does your family love games? We were introduced to Ninja Squirrels* this year. It’s both fast moving and silly…. a perfect combination! Hi Ho Cherry-O and Memory are great for younger kids. (Here is a much larger list of family games we love.)
- Magnets – We were given a set of Magformers a few years ago. They are still a favorite! One of the great things about this particular magnet set is that big and little kids can have fun with it.
- Kinetic Sand – Have you every used Kinetic Sand? It’s pretty amazing. So far we have only gotten the chance to play with it at other peoples house. M and M will be getting some to share this year… shhh! Don’t tell. 😉
- Walkie Talkie – How many ways can you think of to use Walkie Talkies? I bet your kids could come up with even more!
- Trampoline – Another fun addition to our house this year was an 8 Ft. Trampoline. I was honestly surprised at how much I like it. (For them… not me. 😉 ) At 10 and 8 years old the small one won’t work for much longer but now that we’ve had some experience with the small one I can see us investing in a 15 Ft. Trampoline.
- Art Supplies – Creating art side by side (with an audiobook playing) is something M and M do a lot. The newest addition to our art center is Liquid Chalk Markers*. They are unique because not only do they work on paper, they can also be used on chalkboards, windows, dry erase boards and mirrors.
- LEGO – Ummm…. LEGO is awesome. That’s it. The LEGO Creative Brick Box will let two (or more) kids build and create side by side all year.
- Fort Building Kit – This one gift for siblings to share has been a HUGE hit at our house (for me as much as for them). The Glow in the Dark Fort Building Kit is perfect for them to create a fort together… and they don’t need to use my dining room table and chairs.
Do you have favorite gifts for siblings to share?
*I was given items to try out through the year. Only the things we actually use made the list.