For this HUGE list of gifts, I looked for the best learning toys and engaging learning games with an initial wow factor and longevity.
When a celebration rolls around that requires a gift, I feel a mix of emotions.
I want the gift to be exciting for the little one receiving it… but I also want it to get used. It can be tricky to find a toy or game that does both.
Buying gifts for kids is hard.
I’ve included links to the recommended products where it was possible. Those links are Amazon affiliate links, meaning I will receive compensation when you purchase from them. Thanks!
16 Best Learning Toys and Learning Games for Babies and Toddlers.
These toys and games are great for infants, 1-year-olds, and 2-year-olds.
- Board books (Moo, Baa, La La La! by Sandra Boynton, and Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown are great choices).
- Soft Block Set.
- Shape Sort.
- Nesting Cups.
- HABA Magica Rattle.
- A collection of different-sized cardboard boxes, hopefully, one big enough to climb inside.
- Rattle and teething set.
A treasure basket is excellent for a gift that can be changed and enjoyed for months to come.
- Beeswax jumbo crayons
- A baby gym with climbing mats and challenges, crawlers get pleasure from mastering challenges.
- VTech sit and stand walker.
- Stuff and crinkle sensory toy.
- Rattle socks.
- Activity cube.
- Sandbox you can fill with balls.
24 Best Learning Toys and Games for Preschool-Age Kids
This list of the best learning toys is great for kids three years old, four years old, and five years old.
- Mr. Potato Head.
- Play-Doh and accessories. Playdough is great for creativity and fine motor skills.
- Hi Ho Cherry-O.
- Hot Wheels are great for hands-on counting, addition, subtraction, division, and social concepts.
- Barbie Science Lab Playset.
- LEGO Juniors.
- Art Supplies.
- Gears! Gears! Gears!
- Dress up clothes.
- Puzzles. Here are three Solar System Puzzle, Wood Puzzles, Farm Puzzle.
- Block Set. A nice set of wooden blocks can be used for so long and in so many ways… it’s an investment you won’t be sorry you made!
- A step stool so they can help with cooking!
- Kid Size Table and Chairs. YES! YES! YES! We’ve always had one. Now, our creative table is a little bigger, though.
- Magnetic Fishing Puzzle
- Cash Register
Anything related to their current interests (Check out our Minecraft Gifts.)
- Animal Sets These are great for play dough, playing in the sandpit, in the bath, sorting, counting, memory games, and imaginative play, of course!
- Train Set.
- Wooden car building set.
14 Educational Toys and Games for Kids Ages 6-10.
Keep the fun learning gifts going for the older kids. These gifts are great for elementary age kids.
- Sports equipment for the new favorite sport.
- Children’s Tool Kit (with REAL tools)
- Art Supplies
- Science experiments, even better if you can find a science experiment that matches your little ones’ interests.
- Block Set.
A local class or things to learn a new skill like this jewelry-making kit or basic supplies make a great gift.
- Snap Circuits Lights Physics Kit.
- Marble Run.
- Architecto Game.
- Structures Building Set. These wooden building planks would pair great with little creatures, cars, or tiny dolls.
- Kinetic Sand.
- LEGO Bricks.
- Labyrinth Board Game.
13 Educational Toys and Games for Kids Ages 10-14.
- Perplexus Epic.
- ThinkFun Rush Hour.
- Blokus Game.
- LEGO Building and Coding Kit.
- Crystal Growing Experiment.
- LEGO Chain Reactions Kit.
- Loopdeloom Weaving Loom Kit.
- Wood Burning Kit.
- Fashion Plates Design.
- Laser Maze.
- The Earth 3D Puzzle.
If there is an educational toy or game that your family loves… add it in the comments!
More Gift Guides