Christmas is all about spending time with family and having fun. This past weekend our schedule was far more crazy than it usually is (I think I need to reread what I wrote about reducing holiday stress). In an attempt to connect as a family without adding one more thing to the list, I created a quick game of Christmas Charades for kids (and adults).
It was last minute, easy to prepare and a ton of fun to execute. We played for about 15 minutes the first time around and the kids loved it so much we’ve played it again and again through the week.
Grandma was kind enough to write out Christmas Charade cards for us, so that I wouldn’t know what was coming. I’ve done the same for you…
How to play Christmas Charades for Kids (and adults)Click here to print the Charade Cards
- Print out the Charade Cards.
- Fold the cards and put them into a pretty bowl or Christmas tin
- Set up some house rules. Will talking be allowed? Can you use props? What happens if no one can guess? Will there be a time limit?
- If you have kids who aren’t reading yet, pick someone who can read the card to them (and not guess) OR draw pictures on the cards before you start.
- Once you run out of cards have everyone take turns making up their own Christmas Charade.
Different games with the same cards
- Drawing game. You can also use these cards to make a drawing game. Play the same way as with Christmas Charades but instead of acting out the cards, draw a picture. Who can guess first?
- Game of Clues. Draw a card and give clues without saying the words on the card. Get creative and see how fast you get everyone to guess.
Get a printable version of the Charade Cards.
Are you looking for more easy game to play with your family?
This post originally appeared on December 19, 2013.