Getting my kids to laugh and making them think are two of my very favorite things. I went on a mission to collect riddles for kids that will require a little brainpower (AKA a few hard riddles with answers).
As for making them laugh, I have plenty of jokes printed out and ready to go (check out these math jokes for kids and knock-knock jokes). You might also like these fall riddles for kids and beach riddles for kids.
Printable Riddles with Answers
Get your printable riddles with answers byCLICKING HERE
Clever Riddles for Kids with Answers
- What gets bigger the more you take away? – A hole.
- What gets wetter as it dries? – A towel.
- What belongs to you but is used more by others? – Your name.
- What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in a thousand years? – The letter M.
- What is always coming but never arrives? – Tomorrow.
- What tastes better than it smells? – A tongue.
- I’m tall when I’m young, I’m short when I’m old, and every Halloween I stand up inside Jack O’Lanterns. What am I? — A candle.
- What travels around the world but stays in one corner? — A stamp.
- Mary’s father has 5 daughters – Nana, Nene, Nini, Nono. What is the fifth daughter’s name? —Mary.
- What invention lets you look right through a wall? — A window.
- What starts with ‘P’ and ends with ‘E’ and has thousands of letters. — A post office.
- A man was driving a black truck. His lights were not on. The moon was not out. A lady was crossing the street. How did the man— It was a bright, sunny day
- What can a child make but no one can see? – Noise.
- What goes in your pocket and keeps it empty? – A hole.
Hard Riddles with Answers
This section contains especially difficult riddles. There’s even a short hard riddle. Can you figure out which one?
- What stays where it is when it goes off? – An alarm clock.
- Everyone has it and no one can lose it, what is it? – A shadow.
- What has to be broken before you can use it? – An egg.
- What goes up and down but does not move? – Stairs.
- What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it? – Short.
Riddles for Teens
- What goes up and doesn’t come back down? – Your age.
- What is the easiest way to double your money? — Put it in front of the mirror.
- If I have it, I don’t share it. If I share it, I don’t have it. What is it? — A secret.
- What has 13 hearts, but no lungs or stomach? – A deck of cards.
- What do you find at the end of the lunch line? – The letter E.
Riddles for Teachers
- Where do you find an ocean with no water? – On a map.
- What is white when dirty and black when clean? — A chalkboard.
- Which word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly? – Incorrectly.
- What becomes smaller when you turn it upside down? — The number nine.
- What has hands but can not clap? – A clock.
- I’m full of keys but I can’t open any doors. What am I? – A piano.
- What kind of band doesn’t play music? – A rubber band.
- I have a scroll but without any quill. I have ribs and a neck but no legs. I have a saddle but there’s no horse. I have a bridge but with no sign of water. What am I? – A violin.
- What instrument can you see and hear but never touch? – Your voice.
- What is it that makes songs but you will never hear it sing? – Notes.
- What room can no one enter? — A mushroom.
- It’s been around for millions of years, but it’s no more than a month old. What is it? — The moon.
- What has bank but no money? – A river bank.
- What can run but can’t walk? – A river.
- What has an eye but can’t see? — A hurricane!
For more clever riddle fun, check out these books:
- The Everything Kids’ Giant Book of Jokes, Riddles, and Brain Teasers – click here to buy on Amazon (affiliate link)
- Riddles and Trick Questions for Kids and Family! – Click here to buy on Amazon (affiliate link)
Do your kids have a favorite easy riddle for kids? Include it in the comments.