Getting my kids to laugh and making them think are two of my very favorite things. I went on a mission to collect riddles for kids that will require a little brain power.
Clever Riddles for Kids with Answers
I’ve included 15 riddles for kids with answers here. CLICK HERE to get all 30 in printable form.
- What goes up and down but does not move? – Stairs.
- Where do you find an ocean with no water? – On a map.
- What gets bigger the more you take away? – A hole.
- What can you catch but never throw? – A cold.
- What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it? – Short.
- What has hands but can not clap? – A clock.
- What stays where it is when it goes off? – An alarm clock.
- What goes up and doesn’t come back down? – Your age.
- What gets wetter as it dries? – A towel.
- What belongs to you but is used more by others? – Your name.
- I’m full of keys but I can’t open any doors. What am I? – A piano.
- What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment and never in a thousand years? – The letter M.
- Which word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly? – Incorrectly.
- What is always coming but never arrives? – Tomorrow.
- What tastes better than it smells? – A tongue.
For more clever riddle fun, check out these books:
- The Everything Kids’ Giant Book of Jokes, Riddles, and Brain Teasers – click here to buy on Amazon (affiliate link)
- Riddles and Trick Questions for Kids and Family! – Click here to buy on Amazon (affiliate link)
Do your kids have a favorite riddle? Include it in the comments.