Riddles about Horses the Whole Family Will Giddy-Up For
If you’re heading to the stable, you might want to print out these riddles about horses and bring them along. They’re perfect for those riding and those watching.
We also have horse jokes!
You probably love other types of animals too! Check out our animal joke collection and our chicken jokes.
Print your Horse Riddles
Click here to print your Horse Riddles
Riddles about Horses with Answers
- Riddle: A stallion’s a male, a female is called a mare. You can ride one of these on a carousel at a fair. What am I? – Answer: Horse.
- Riddle: A horse is tied to a fifteen-foot rope and there is a bale of hay 25 feet away from him. The horse however is still able to eat the hay. How is this possible? – Answer: The rope wasn’t tied to anything.
- Riddle: A guy on a horse rode into town on Friday. He stayed three day days and left the town on Friday! How is this possible? – Answer: The horse’s name was Friday!
- Riddle: An iron horse with a flaxen tail. The faster the horse runs, the shorter his tail becomes. What is it? – Answer: A needle and thread.
- Riddle: My breed is all red-heads, the descendants of tough warriors. What am I? – Answer: Frederiksborg.
- Riddle: There were 9 horses on a trailer. It turned over. How many were left? – Answer: 6.
- Riddle: I am a legendary horse who was rumored to be scared of my own shadow until a young conqueror found me. Who am I? – Answer: Bucephalus.
- Riddle: What has two arms, 2 wings, 2 tails, 3 heads, 3 bodies, and 8 legs? – Answer: A man on a horse holding a chicken.
- Riddle: You find me in a stable, but I’m not a horse. I’ve sat upon many horses, but I’m not a person. What am I? – Answer: A Saddle
- Riddle: How do you fit all 10 horses in the paddocks with only 1 allowed in each paddock? – Answer: Write the letters ‘ten horses’ in the 9 paddocks.
- Riddle: In the father’s will, he states that his sons must race their horses, and the son with the slowest horse will receive the father’s entire fortune. The two sons race, but never finish it, as they deliberately slow their horses. After visiting an oracle, the sons race the horses as fast as possible. What did the oracle tell them? – Answer: Swap horses.
- Riddle: I am a horse. I’m kind of white, very strong, not very light. I live in snow, day and night. I’m very small, tiny you could say. Who am I? – Answer: Icelandic
Add your favorite horse riddle to the comments.
For more giggly fun, check out these books:
- Best Joke Books for 7-year-olds
- Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- Laugh-out-Loud Jokes for Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- National Geographic Kids Just Joking (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link