Winter jokes for kids are a great way to warm up with laughter when the weather turns cold.
When I started putting funny jokes in the lunchbox as a way to connect with my son a few years back, I had no idea how powerful these silly little jokes would be.
Each time I collected a new set of jokes or riddles (like Knock-Knock jokes, winter riddles, or math jokes), I found a new way to use them as a parenting tool.
It sounds a bit funny to suggest that winter jokes might somehow help you with parenting during these extra cold months… but I want you to trust me on this one. I’ve received enough emails to know that jokes come in very handy!
30+ Funny Winter Jokes for Kids (Printable Jokes!)
Get your copy of these printable jokes… … then scroll down and see how to use them to support your parenting efforts.
Get Your Printable Winter Jokes HERE,
- What do you call a slow skier? – A SLOPEpoke!
- What can you catch in the winter with your eyes closed? – A Cold.
- What food do you get when you cross Frosty with a polar bear? – A “brrr” – “grrr”.
- What is the best breakfast cereal to eat in the winter? – Frosted Flakes!
- What kind of math do Snowy Owls like? – Owlgebra.
How do polar bears make their beds?… and Other Jokes About Snow
- How do polar bears make their beds? – With sheets of ice and blankets of snow.
- What does Jack Frost like best about school? – Snow and tell.
- What falls but never gets hurt? – Snow.
- What sort of ball doesn’t bounce? – A snowball.
- Why do reindeer have fur coats? – Because they look silly in snow suits.
What do you call an old snowman?… and Other Snowman Jokes for Kids
These silly jokes are perfect for the first snowfall of the season. (You can see the full list of snowman jokes here.)
- What do you call an old snowman? – Water.
- What do snowmen call their offspring? – CHILLdren.
- How do you scare a snowman? – Get out a hairdryer.
- What did the snowman and his wife put over their baby’s crib? -A snowmobile.
- What do you get when you cross a snowman and a dog? – Frost bite.
Why don’t mountains get cold in the winter? and Other Jokes About the Cold Weather
If you’re looking for a good dad joke, these jokes about cold weather are about as corny as they get.
- Why don’t mountains get cold in the winter? – They wear snow caps.
- Who are Frosty’s parents? – Mom and Pop-Sicle.
- What is a mountain’s favorite type of candy? – Snowcaps.
- What do you eat when you’re cold and angry? – A Brr Grr.
- What is the favorite Mexican food of snowmen? – Brrrr – itos.
What two letters of the alphabet do snowmen prefer? and Other Jokes About Ice
- What did the snowman say to the customer? – Have an ice day!
- What two letters of the alphabet do snowmen prefer? – I.C.
- What’s an ig? – A house made of ice, without a loo!
- How do snowmen greet each other? – “Ice to meet you!”
What do you call a penguin that steals baby octopuses?… and Other Penguin Jokes for Kids
These cute penguin jokes are just right for 4-year-olds, 10-year-olds, and every age in between.
- What do you call a penguin that steals baby octopuses? – A SQUIDnapper.
- Where do penguins go to the movies? – At the DIVE-in!
- What do you call a penguin in the Sahara desert? – Lost.
- Why do penguins swim in saltwater? – Because pepper water makes them sneeze!
- Why don’t penguins fly? Because they’re not tall enough to be pilots.
Best Winter Knock Knock Jokes
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Lettuce. Lettuce who? Lettuce in, it’s cold outside!
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Snow. Snow who? Snowbody!
- Knock, Knock! Who’s There? Snow! Snow who? Snow laughing matter.
- Knock, Knock! Who’s there? Emma! Emma who? Emma feeling bit cold out here – let me in!
- Knock, Knock! Who’s there? Icy. Icy who? Icy you.
Jokes as a Parenting Tool
Now let’s get to the important stuff! How can we use these silly little printable jokes to help with parenting?
- In the lunch box, cute jokes offer an awesome opportunity to let your kids know you are thinking about them… without the embarrassment of a sappy love note. (That last part came from my son. Please, no more love notes Mom! Wahhhh)
- Sometimes it’s hard to come back from tense moments. Once a conflict has been solved the mood may still call for a little extra love. Telling a silly joke is the perfect way to restore a happy environment.
- Jokes work perfectly for taking a quick break in between not-so-fun chores. “When all the blocks are piled next to the shelf. I’ll tell you a joke. When they are put on the shelf, you can tell me one!”
If you liked these printable winter jokes — you might also want to check out the Best Joke Books for Kids.
More Jokes for the Winter Season
The winter months hold a lot of fun and excitement. These jokes are perfect to pair with a holiday event or just to make an everyday moment a little more special.
Shalon Ironroad says
These are great! Thank you!