At a glance: 20 printable Winter jokes for kids + tips for how to use them.
Winter jokes for kids are the perfect way to warm up with laughter.
When I started using lunch box jokes as a way to connect with my son a few years back, I had no idea how powerful these silly little jokes would be.
It sounds a bit funny to suggest that winter jokes might somehow help you with parenting during this extra cold months… but I want you to trust me on this one. I’ve received enough emails to know that jokes come in very handy!
20 Funny Winter Jokes for Kids
Click here to print these 20 jokes + 11 more!
- What do you call an old snowman? – Water.
- Why don’t mountains get cold in the winter? – They wear snow caps.
- What do you call a penguin that steals baby octopuses? – A SQUIDnapper.
- What two letters of the alphabet do snowmen prefer? – I.C.
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Lettuce. Lettuce who? Lettuce in, it’s cold outside!
- How do Eskimos make their beds? – With sheets of ice and blankets of snow.
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Snow. Snow who? Snowbody!
- Where do penguins go to the movies? – At the DIVE-in!
- Who are Frosty’s parents? – Mom and Pop-Sicle.
- What do you call a slow skier? – A SLOPEpoke!
- Why do seals swim in saltwater? – Because pepper water makes them sneeze!
- How do you scare a snowman? – Get out a hairdryer.
- What does Jack Frost like best about school? – Snow and tell.
- What do you get when you cross a snowman and a dog? – Frost bite.
- What falls but never gets hurt? – Snow.
- How does an Eskimo stick his house together? – With igloo!
- What did the snowman say to the customer? – Have an ice day!
- What did the snowman and his wife put over their baby’s crib? -A snowmobile.
- What do snowmen call their offspring? – CHILLdren
- What food do you get when you cross Frosty with a polar bear? – A “brrr” – “grrr”
Jokes as a Parenting Tool
Now let’s get to the important stuff! How can we use these silly little jokes to help with parenting?
- In the lunch box, jokes offer an awesome opportunity to let your kids know you are thinking about them… without the embarrassment of a sappy love note. (That last part came from my son. Please, no more love notes Mom! Wahhhh)
- Sometimes it’s hard to come back from tense moments. Once a conflict has been solved the mood may still call for a little extra love. Telling a joke is the perfect way to restore a happy environment.
- Jokes work perfectly for taking a quick break in between not-so-fun chores. “When all the blocks are piled next to the shelf. I’ll tell you a joke. When they are put on the shelf, you can tell me one!”
If you liked these winter jokes — you might also want to check out the Best Joke Books for Kids.