There are so many school moments that can be made better by adding a little school-appropriate laughter. Once you get the kids laughing, the learning comes easily.
Whether your student is headed off to kindergarten or middle school, funny school jokes are great for relieving back to school anxiety. Math jokes for kids and riddles about school come in really handy on test day and everyone loves Animal jokes any time of the year!
Of course, if you want to show your kids you’re thinking about them (without sending an embarrassing love note) adding a joke to the lunch box is just perfect!
Funny School Jokes that Even Make Test Day Fun
These printable jokes are hilarious and corny! Just like a joke should be. Which one do you think is the best joke ever? If you don’t see it here already… share it in the comments!
Jokes about Tests
Test day can bring nervous energy and anxious moments. Break the tension with a few silly test jokes.
- Why can’t you do a math test in the jungle? – There are too many cheetahs.
- Why did Jimmy’s grades drop after the holidays? – Because everything was marked down.
- What tests do vampire teachers give? – Blood tests!
- What did the pirate what from his tests? – High Cs.
- What did the fish get on his math test? – A sea plus.
Elementary School Jokes
The elementary school years are full of magic and silliness. This is the prime age for some hilarious clean jokes.
- Why are fish so clever? – Because they spend so much time in schools.
- What did one pencil say to the other pencil? – Man, you’re looking sharp.
- Which school building has the most stories? – The Library!
- Which school teachers have the greenest thumbs? – The kinder-garden teachers.
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? A broken pencil. A broken pencil who? Oh never mind it’s pointless.
Funny Middle School Jokes
Even super cool middle schoolers can appreciate these jokes about school.
- Where did the music teacher leave her keys? – In the piano.
- What is the longest word in the dictionary? – Smiles, because there is a mile between each “s”.
- What is a snake’s favorite subject? – Hiss-tory.
- What do you get when you throw a million books into the ocean? – A title wave.
- What do librarians take with them when they go fishing? – Bookworms.
School Jokes for Teachers
Are you a teacher looking for a perfect brain break joke or a student looking to make your favorite teacher smile?
- Why did the teacher wear sunglasses? – Because his class was so bright!
- What are ten things a teacher can always count on? – Their fingers.
- What is a math teacher’s favorite sum? – Summer!
- Why did the music teacher need a ladder? – To reach the high notes.
- How do you comfort a grammar teacher? – Say… “They’re, there, their.”
Jokes for Students
Well, jokes for students AND about students!
- How do students get straight A’s? – With a ruler.
- Why did the student wear glasses during math class? – Because it improves di-vision.
- Why did the student cross the playground? – To get to the other slide.
- Why was there thunder and lightning in the science lab?- The science students were brainstorming.
- What did the student do when no one laughed at her science jokes? – Keep trying until she got a reaction.
Back to School Jokes
When the first day of school rolls around, it’s time to round up jokes along with school supplies.
- What is the smartest state? – Alabama, it has four A’s and one B.
- What did the ghost teacher say to the class? – Look at the board and I will go through it again.
- What is the difference between a Teacher and a Train? – The teacher says “Spit your gum out” and the train says, “Chew, chew!”
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Pencil. Pencil who? Pencil fall down if you don’t wear a belt!
- What’s a math teacher’s favorite kind of dancing? – Square dancing?
For more giggly fun, check out these books:
- Best Joke Books for 7 year olds
- Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- Laugh-out-Loud Jokes for Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- National Geographic Kids Just Joking (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
Add your favorite school jokes in the comment section.