These silly activities for kids are perfect for a day that calls for fun. Plain old get silly fun.
Joining in the silly play that is already happening is one way to be a fun mom. Let’s take it a step further today and be the ones to BRING THE FUN!
23 Silly Activities That Are Just Plain Fun
- Mixed-up art faces are not just silly. They are also pretty stinking cute.
- Who wants to attempt a puzzle apple?
- Encourage some rowdy wrestling or rather Sumo wrestling.
- Make some fancy tp roll sunglasses and roll out a red carpet (or towel) for a funny fashion show.
- Please print out a pizza mad lib for each of you and take turns filling it out. Who wins for the silliest story?
- When art meets science in ooey gooey oily art the giggles will come naturally.
- Host a tissue dance. (I thought this one might have to do with boogers. It doesn’t but it’s still funny. 😉 )
- This one IS about boogers. The kids will love some fake snot slime.
- Get moving with activity dice, and when it’s your turn to roar like a lion, make it loud!
- Have some family circus fun. Learn how to make balloon dogs together.
- Make a straw maze in the living room.
Start a dance party in a place you wouldn’t usually dance. Try a hallway or the back porch.
- Storytelling can be one of the silliest things of all. Crayon storytelling mixes one of our favorite art materials and one of our favorite activities.
- Messy = fun with monster blow painting. (And the results are AWESOME!)
- Once the kids get started paper plate skating, you will have to join in!
- Just for today allow for playing with your food. You won’t be sorry.
- Trace a few simple objects for a visual scavenger hunt. (This one is designed for toddlers but would be great for any age).
- Tic-tac-toe is extra fun when it’s bacon and egg tic-tac-toe.
- It doesn’t matter what time of year it is; indoor snowball fights are fun. (And all you need are some socks.)
- If you want to get extra silly and win some bonus “fun mom” points, bring out the poop jokes. They are a winner for older and younger kids.
- Make pet rocks for a silly craft that combines creativity and connection.
- Play the classic game of Simon Says.
- Play Uno Dare or another extra silly card game.
Do you have any silly activities to add? We especially love simple activities.