I love fall! One reason is all of the apple activities that start popping up on Pinterest. Are you following me over there? You should! I’ve saved some wonderful playfully learning ideas. Click here to follow A Mom with a Lesson Plan on Pinterest.
The apple puzzle is my second favorite way to have fun with apples. Our yearly apple tasting is my #1 favorite fall activity.
What you need: Apple (the bigger the better), sharp knife, hungry kid.
- Cut shapes into the apple.
- Super easy right?!?!
Tips for maximizing the learning.
- If your little one is working on a specific shape make a bunch of different sizes of the same shape.
- Make the puzzle more difficult by adding shapes inside of shapes.
- Try to keep the apple cutting hidden so your little one doesn’t see how the pieces go in unless…
- You have a little one who gets frustrated easily. Letting them watch will help make putting it together easier.
- Want to make it even harder? Use 2 apples and mix all the pieces together.
This is a cheap, easy, and fun way to add a little learning to snack time…. how do you learn while you eat?
This post originally appeared Sept. 29, 2011.