Christmas is coming. The kids are excited to open gifts from loved ones and families are looking forward to gathering around the tree.
Add to the bustling merriment with a few Christmas riddles for kids, we’ve even made a printable so you can print them out!
Print your Christmas riddle.
Christmas Riddles for Kids with Answers
- When does Christmas come before Thanksgiving? – In the dictionary.
- If the end of the year is December 31st, what is the end of Christmas? – The letter ‘s’.
- What does December have that all of the other months don’t have? – The letter “D”
Hard Christmas riddles
- Lola and Lila were both born on Christmas. When Lola was 4, she was double Lila’s age. If this Christmas Lila celebrates her 100th birthday, how many candles would be on Lola’s cake? – 102 candles.
- Nick has a box of ornaments that his grandmother gave him. He puts them on his Christmas tree. If all but 6 are silver, all but 6 are gold, and all but 6 are copper – how many ornaments does Nick have on his tree? – 9 ornaments in total.
- These are found in the Harry Potter books and in Lord of The Rings too. They help make Christmas gifts that Santa brings to you. What are they? – Elves.
- If Santa Claus leaves from the North pole a day before Christmas eve, then which way do you think he would travel? – Santa can travel only to the south if he’s set out from the north.
- If Santa’s 5 elves take 5 minutes to make 5 dolls, then how long do you think 100 elves will need to make 100 dolls? – 5 minutes.
- Santa Claus rides on it as he gives out gifts. To it, his nine helpers are hitched. What is it? – A sleigh.
Christmas What Am I Riddles
- I come with many colors, so beautiful and bright, I turn so many houses into a beautiful sight. What am I? – Christmas lights.
- I get chopped and decorated. Sometimes you’ll see wings on top. What am I?- Christmas Tree
- I’m a famous Christmas treat, I’m brown all over with tiny feet. What am I? – A gingerbread man
- Open me every day for something that can’t be beat. Behind each of the doors, you will discover a tasty treat. What am I? – Advent calendar.
- I am a plant seen every Christmas which people hang up above and then they stand beneath me and kiss someone they love. What am I? – Mistletoe.
- I can be called a blanket or a flake. No two pieces are ever the same. You can build or fight with me. What am I? – Snow
- I have needles all over me but cannot sew anything. What am I? – A Christmas Tree.
- Although it might look like I belong on your toes, I’m actually hung up for gifts as every child knows. What am I? – Christmas stocking.
Add your favorite Christmas riddle to the comments.
For more giggly fun, check out these books:
- Best Joke Books for 7-year-olds
- Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- Laugh-out-Loud Jokes for Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- National Geographic Kids Just Joking (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link