Happy birthday to you! What better way to celebrate than reading clever birthday riddles with answers? You’ll find some of these riddles easy and some a little challenging. Share your favorite birthday riddle with us in the comment section.
Once you’ve gone through these riddles, check out our birthday jokes collection, Harry Potter riddles, mystery riddles, and beach riddles. You might also like our ultimate list of riddles with answers.
Print your Birthday RiddlesClick here to get your printable birthday riddles.
Birthday Riddles with Answers
- Riddle: Sometimes I am loved, usually by the young. Other times I am dreaded, mostly by the old. I am hard to remember, also hard to forget. And yet, if you do, you’ll make someone upset. Even if you don’t want it to happen, embrace me. What am I? – Answer: Birthday.
- Riddle: A girl was ten on her last birthday and will be twelve on her next birthday. How is this possible? – Answer: Today is her 11th Birthday.
- Riddle: Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible? – Answer: Billy lives in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Riddle: How can twins be born in different years? – Answer: One was born on December 31st at 11:59 pm, and the other was born on January 1st at 12:00 am.
- Riddle: Triplets (Neha, Bandini & Shivani) were born in August, but their birthday is in December. How is that possible? – Answer: August is a town.
- Riddle: I get shorter the more I’m used, but I’m not a pencil. I’m made of wax, but I’m not a crayon. I can help you see in the dark, but I’m not a flashlight. I’m often found on a birthday cake, but I’m not icing. What am I? – Answer: A candle.
- Riddle: Can you think of a way to cut a cake into eight equal pieces with only three cuts? – Answer: Use two cuts to divide the cake into four equal pieces (quarters). For the third cut, cut the cake in half horizontally. Some pieces may not have any icing, but their size will be equal.
- Riddle: Today, I celebrated my 32nd birthday, but I was born in 1971. How is this possible? – Answer: I was born in Hospital whose room number is 1971.
- Riddle: I get blown up, but I’m not a bomb. I sometimes have a string attached, but I’m not a kite. I sometimes float, but I’m not a swimmer. I’m seen at birthday parties, but I’m not a candle. What am I? – Answer: A balloon.
- Riddle: What goes up and doesn’t come back down? – Answer: Your age.
Add your favorite birthday riddle to the comments.
For more giggly fun, check out these books:
- Best Joke Books for 7-year-olds
- Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- Laugh-out-Loud Jokes for Kids (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link
- National Geographic Kids Just Joking (check it out on Amazon here) – Affiliate link