When I was younger I loved to read. Then I had kids. I still read a lot of books… but they were kids books and parenting books. I had lost my passion for reading “just because” books.
Something clicked for me last year. I decided that reading for fun needed to become a priority. One of my goals was to read 12 books (books for me) in one year.
Of course with a goal like that you need a great list to pull from! I rounded up this list of incredible book recommendations for Moms… from Mom’s. It’s been so much fun reading through the list. Enjoy!
One of the main reasons I was able to read as many books as I did is that I started listening to audio books. Try Audible now and get two free audiobooks. (affiliate link)
27 Book Recommendations for Moms… from Moms!
The first four book recommendations are from my own personal library. They are the ones I carried in my purse until I found someone who would read them next.
The rest of the list is made up of raving recommendations from other Moms who were happy to help when I desperately shouted WHAT DO I READ NEXT? Add your favorites (or give the ones on the list a little extra love) in the comment section.
The links below are affiliate links. Using these helps support A Mom with a Lesson Plan. Thank you! Of course I always recommend checking your local library first.
- Beach Road James Patterson and Peter de Jonge
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
- The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective by Andy Andrews
- A Man Called Ove: A Novel by Fredrik Backman
- Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler
- The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlin
- Crash & Burn by Lisa Gardner
- Stones for Bread by Christa Parrish
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- Behind the Scenes at the Museumby Kate Atkinson
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
- What I Loved by Siri Hustvedt
- Up and Down by Terry Fallis
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- The House Girl by Tara Conklin
- Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Outlander by Diana Gabeldon (1st in a series)
- Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
- Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy by Helen Fielding
- The Ten-Year Nap by Meg Wolitzer
Is there a book you think should have made the list? Share in the comments.