One of the great things about living in Southern California is how much there is to do. There are such great adventures to be had… all within driving distance.
The LA Zoo is at the top of the list for fun places to visit as a family and today I’m teaming up them to let you know that the holiday fun is not over at LA Zoo’s Reindeer Romp exhibit.
Real reindeer have made the L.A. Zoo their home for the holidays. Visit them daily in their all-new Reindeer Village, where you’ll also find enchanting photo ops and fascinating facts about Santa’s favorite furry friends. The exhibit will be open until Sunday January 3rd, 2016… so hurry and don’t miss L.A.’s wildest holiday tradition!
Of course a great way to expand on a visit to your local zoo is with zoo animal crafts and activities! I’ve rounded up 16 fun ways to explore animals before and after your trip to the zoo.
Zoo Animal Crafts and Activities
- Create animal finger puppets with the kids. (Vicky Barone)
- Match animal prints in play dough.
- Create a Good Night Gorilla pretend play adventure. (Kids Activities Blog)
- Make cardboard animal art. (Small for Big)
- Add a little learning to your zoo animal crafts with shape animals. (The Educators Spin On It)
- Have some fun with adorable shell peacocks. (Crafty Morning)
- Go on a bear hunt.
- Play around with yarn wrapped reindeer. (I Heart Crafty Things)
- Get chilly with a penguin sensory sink. (Teaching Mama)
- Play around with paper snake sculpting. (Pink Stripey Socks)
- Make a peek-a-boo animal board. (Toddler Approved)
- Get some fine motor practice with feed the elephants. (The Inspired Treehouse)
- Have an animal cookie cage snack. (Ready-Set-Read)
- Paint lion faces. (Crafty Morning)
- Set up some pretend play animal cages. (Teaching Mama)
- Play a family game of animal charades.
Weekends at LA Zoo’s Reindeer Romp exhibit offer a flurry of additional fun, with special entertainment and activities including:
- Ice carving demonstrations courtesy of Troubled Ice (Saturdays)
- Holiday songs from The Other Reindeer Carolers (Saturdays)
- Magic, music, and hilarity with Swazzle’s Holiday Extravaganza Puppet Show (Sundays)
- USO-style song and dance performances by the popular Satin Dollz
- Make-your-own antler craft station
- Reindeer keeper talks
- Holiday presents for the animals
- And photos with Santa at his new L.A. Zoo headquarters
For more information visit:
Do you have a favorite zoo animal craft or activity? Share in the comments.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of LA Zoo. The opinions and text are all mine.