How to Make Tissue Paper Flower Napkin Rings was originally posted on March 1, 2012.
So my Little M turned 5. Ahhh, I can’t believe how big she is. (Actually she is still rather little… but she is acting so very old.)
Last year Little M wanted a Princess Party. This year it was a Fancy Backyard Tea Party that she requested. Oh boy did I have fun collecting ideas! My first stop was an old favorite. I wanted to make pretty napkin rings… and I thought these tissue paper flowers would be perfect!
They turned out gorgeous and they added the perfect touch to the tea party tables.
Tissue Paper Flowers are so easy to make!
How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers
1. Take four squares (or rectangles) of tissue paper and stack them up. Mine were about 4 inches, but you can make them any size you want! (Your flower size will change with the size of the tissue paper.)
2. Fold the paper accordion style from one side to the other.
3. Press the creases as you go and again when you are finished.
4. Tie the center with a piece of embroidery floss or ribbon. (I didn’t match the color because I used what I had. It would look better if the tissue and the ribbon matched.)
5. Cut the tips to make the edges round.
6. Gently pull one piece of tissue paper up at a time. Fluff while you go, and voila suddenly you have a beautiful tissue paper flower!
Making a tissue paper flower into a napkin ring is even easier!
How to Make Tissue Paper Flower Napkin Rings
1. Grab a paper towel roll out of your art center. (Do you have an ample supply of paper towel rolls? They come in handy.)
2. Press the roll flat. (It makes it easier to cut.) Cut 1 inch strips. Again size doesn’t matter, just make them as big as you want.
3. Dab one small dot of hot glue onto the ring.
4. Gently press the tissue paper flower onto the ring.
5. That’s it!
Who wouldn’t want to sit down to that beautiful table? Everything you see there came from our local dollar store. (Except the lacy table cloth… that was $2 at my favorite thrift shop.)
The tables were beautiful and Little M seemed thrilled with the decorations.
Did you notice the ribbon tent? If you liked learning how to make tissue paper flowers you are going to LOVE the ribbon tent!