Shaving cream is a go to activity around here. There is something calming about the sensory experience. For me it’s right up there with play dough. So for today’s Creative Kid Table it’s time to get a little messy and explore with shaving cream.
Creative Kid Table Week 4: Playing with Shaving Cream
Shaving cream is what I call a “clean mess”. It’s really, really messy while they play, put wipes right up when they’re done. Because it’s soap it even leaves the table cleaner than when you started!
Tips for successful creative play:
- Squirt out two large handfuls at a time and add to it as the kids play.
- Keep a bowl of water and wash cloth close by for a quick hand wash.
- Move it to the backyard or bathtub for even easier clean up!
Questions to get your kids started:
- “What shapes can you make using your finger tip?”
- “Does the brush leave the same mark from both sides?”
- “How does the shaving cream feel in your hands?”
Which Creative Kid Table has been your favorite so far?