Week 5 of the Creative Kid Table is an introduction to sewing. Fun!
Creative Kid Table Week 5: Simple Sewing
Sewing will help with your little one with eye hand coordination, fine motor skills and offer a sensory experience different from what they are used to.
Tips for successful creative play:
- The nets we use come around potatoes, avocados and onions. There are different textures and hole size… start saving them. 🙂
- You can find plastic sewing needles at the craft store or on Amazon. (affiliate link)
- Use anything you have for thread. Ribbon, embroidery thread, and yarn would all work.
- Try using an embroidery hoop to stabilize the net if your little ones are having trouble. (affiliate link)
Questions to get your kids started:
- “Does the ribbon feel the same in your hands as the yarn?”
- “Do you think they will look the same once they are laced?”
- “Will you think about where to place the needle, or just place it anywhere?”
Leave a Reply