The weather is gorgeous right now, perfect for playing outside all day. Letting the kids play, run and explore is always at the top of our outdoor activities list. Providing them with extra learning experiences is important too.
I’m a firm believer that kids learn more when their bodies are moving. Outdoor play is perfect for combining movement and learning. I went straight to my Outdoors with Kids Pinterest board for ideas.
10 Incredible Outdoor Activities that will Get Kids Moving and Learning
- Backyard Target Practice – Kids Activities Blog. All you need is a Nerf gun, some toilet paper rolls and markers.
- Balance Practice Relay – A Mom with a Lesson Plan. Four fun ways to practice balance… relay style.
- DIY Mini Golf – Kix. Golf is huge at our house. The kids (and Dad) would love this mini golf course.
- Giant Wooden Blocks – Filthy Wizardry. I love how colorful these blocks are. They could be used for so many different things!
- Ramps, Tubes and Balls – Mom Trusted. Yes! Yes! and Yes!
- Photo Safari – No Time for Flash Cards. Grab the camera for a little backyard find and click. This would be a great way to explore a new park or engage the kids on a hike.
- Run & Count Game – Pleasantest Thing. This is a run and COUNT game, but I bet it would be really easy to modify for addition, subtraction or multiplication!
- Pendulum Play – Creative Connections for Kids. Sending the link to Hubby right now! We need a pendulum in the backyard. Oh the fun I will have planning activities!
- Giant Crossword Puzzle for Kids – A Mom with a Lesson Plan. Did you get a list of words for your little one to practice spelling over the summer? We loved using the giant crossword puzzle for spelling practice.
- Snail Races – Go Explore Nature. My Little M is a snail lover. She names them, builds them “homes” and carries them everywhere.
Do you have a favorite outdoor activity?
Also I’ve just joined Instagram… I don’t have much there yet but I’m working on it! I would love for you to follow along while I figure it out.