It is the middle of September and I’m already holding my family back from going Halloween crazy! Hubby is the ring leader of course. While I could skip the holiday all together, (it’s a week away from my birthday… and that’s one thing I don’t like to share) the truth is, watching the three of them get so excited is pretty fun.
I let Little M pick out pumpkins for her and her brother already… now all I need to do is find some fun ways to use them before carving time!
Check out this great tip to preserve your pumpkins ahead of time.
No Carve Pumpkin Ideas Simple Enough for Kids
- Pumpkin Masks from me. 🙂 The kids came up with this idea years ago and it’s stuck as one of my favorite things to do in October.
- Pumpkin Mummies from Hands On: as we Grow. Pair these with some mummy dolls and a good mummy book.
- Finger Painting Stenciled Pumpkins from Young House Love
- Tangled Web from Women’s Day
- Seeing All Pumpkin from Paging Super Mom
- Chalkboard Pumpkins (Clear chalkboard. So cool!) from Sunny Day Family
- Mix and Match Pumpkin Faces from Make and Takes This one works as both a super cute pumpkin decoation and as a reusable activity! LOVE IT!
- Puffy Paint Jack ‘o Lanterns from Learn Plan Imagine
- Marbleized Pumpkin from momdot
- Hot Glue Glitter Web from momdot I know I promised you pumpkin projects the kids could actually do. Trust me on this… kids can use hot glue guns. My kids love theirs. We will definitely be making one of these this year!
Of course if a pumpkin or two get dropped in the process you can always turn pumpkin art into pumpkin science! That’s what we did.
What is your favorite no carving pumpkin idea?