With December being such a rushed time spent thinking about others, it’s easy to forget about yourself. Last year I made a special wish list just for myself and I even completed almost everything on it!!! It was a really fun way to keep myself accountable to MYSELF.
Here is 2012’s Christmas Wish List… just for me!
1. Finish the stockings that did NOT get finished last year.
2. Bake, bake, bake… and ummm BAKE!
3. Drive around and look at Christmas lights as a family.
4. Follow the Creative Christmas Countdown.
5. Two dates with Hubby. One for shopping and one for hanging with friends.
6. Watch WAY too many sappy made-for-TV holiday movies.
7. Update my Christmas album… I need to add last year before I need to add this year! Hopefully these layout tips will help.
8. Read a Christmas chapter book with M and M.
9. Play Who or What am I? with the kids. I love simple and fun games.
10. Work. (Okay I know that doesn’t sound fun, but if I can really follow my plan for December I will have 2 months off to follow. Don’t worry you will not be left without playful learning idea! ;))
11. Listen to as much Christmas music as I can!
12. Enjoy some Christmas Science.
13. Read The Nutcracker, watch The Nutcracker, and play The Nutcraker soundtrack while Little M dances. I think she will love it!
14. Decorate a REAL tree. We’ve had an artificial tree for the past few years, but this year it will smell like Christmas.
15. Find a way for our family to donate.
16. Make a 2012 family ornament. Like this Photo Christmas Ornament or this Embroidery Hoop Ornament.
17. Deliver goodies to the neighbors.
18. Make sure I get a kid-made present. I love this kitchen towel with your kids art and I just happen to have some towels ready to go in my art cabinet. 🙂
19. Color under the tree, like I used to when I was a kid.
20. Drink lots of Christmas flavored tea. (I’m loving the Gingerbread Cookie tea I have right now.)
21. Ask hubby very nicely to give me a pedi (since I can barely reach my toes). Doesn’t this Paraffin Wax treatment sound fantastic?!?!?
22. Wear comfies all month. 🙂
23. Reflect on 2012… wow it’s been amazing! And dream about 2013… it’s going to be even better!
24. Paint pretty nails. (Or at least try… she sure does make it look easy!)
25. Make sure there are many moment of relaxation mixed in with the crazy chaos.
What is on your Christmas wish list?
Jacquie F. says
Love your list – I need to make one for me! You’re right, Mom’s need a list too! And I’m enjoying the Trader Joe’s Peppermint Green tea – so love those holiday flavors 🙂
ps. Your #19 is just precious!
Paula flanagan says
Love this list thank you. It’s easy to forget yourself at this time of year while trying to make it special for everyone else. I will try to attempt a few of these myself x