Did you forget to plan some Earth Day activities for the kids? I did! It only took a quick Pinterest search for me to find some great Earth Day activities. I’ve divided them into ages… to make it even easier for you. Enjoy!
Toddler Earth Day Activities
- Painting with recycled objects is a great way to start talking about how we can reuse items. I love the way No Time for Flash Cards set up this activity. It looks so inviting.
- Hands on is the best way for toddlers to learn. This outdoor texture scavenger hunt from Hands On: As we Grow is a great way to introduce nature through play.
- Teach Preschool’s earth day fishing game is a fun way to start the conversation about the importance of recycling.
- I love contact paper, it’s perfect for toddlers. These stained glass Earth from Mom on Time Out are so simple… and so cute.
Preschool Earth Day Activities
- This easy bird feeder from Happy Hooligans is perfect for last minute! Just check your fridge, I bet you have everything you need.
- Adorable and easy earth cookies from Tammilee Tips would make a perfect Earth day activity for kids.
- Head outside and make art with nature from Happy Hooligans.
- If you don’t already have a recycled stuff box in your art space… you should! These recycled robots from Fun at Home are with Kids are a perfect example of why!
Big Kid Earth Day Activities
- These animal grass heads from Wild Life Fun 4 Kids are ADORABLE!!! Can you imagine how creative your big kid could get with these?
- Beautiful and fun these paper mache globes from Housing a Forest actually light up! So cool.
- I’ve been collecting weaving and looming projects (I have big summer plans!) This Hula Hoop Rug from Flax and Twine is one I can’t wait to try.
- Create a bird watching journal like this one from Rhythm of the Home Blog and get ready to enjoy nature for weeks to come.
Bonus! Add a little extra fun with some Earth Day Jokes.
Share you favorite Earth Day Activities for kids in the comment section.
This post originally appeared on April 22, 2014.
Leave a Reply