I would like to make keeping it all organized a little easier on him in the beginning. After a pretty through Pinterest search, I realized that I would need to come up with my own system
We need a portable homework station that doesn’t take up too much space.
In the end, a homework binder seemed like the best idea.
Building a Portable Homework Station Binder
The best part about this system is how flexible it is. I’m starting out with things that we’ll probably need, but I know adding or taking away items will be easy.
This list contains affiliate links.
- A 1 1/2″ binder is the perfect size for this project. Small enough to be carried around comfortably and big enough to hold all of the homework goodies!
- A few clear zipper binder pockets. I bought two extras, that way I can add to the homework binder easily if I need to.
- Checklists make it easy to follow a new routine. Use this printable checklist with reminders of everything that needs to be done while they are at the homework table. We slid ours into a page protectors to make it reusable.
- Include two pocket folders. One that can hold papers that mom needs to go through and one for papers that mom has signed or approved.
- One of the pouches holds pencils.
- We are using one of the pouches for notes. I made sure to get lots of note taking options. Sticky notes, index cards and Post-it Flags.
- The other pouch keeps dry erase markers handy. We will use these for checking off tasks or making notes on the Homework Time Printable.
- A ruler was a pretty easy addition.
- This is the perfect place to store lined paper.
The best part is this system will be easy to modify as we go!
How does homework go at your house? I would love any tips you can share.Click here for the printable checklist.