This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Office Depot for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Little M and I have something in common. We both love pencils. Well we both love office supplies in general but pencils are at the tip top of the office supply love list.
Can you imagine how excited we were when Office Depot asked us to enjoy a little spending spree and find a fun way to enjoy our new goodies??? Yep, it pretty much rocked our back to school world!
Office Depot has a line of super fun supplies that kids want (plus the stuff they need)! Little M went crazy for the polka dot pencils with a heart charm and the gummy bear push pencils. Big M was excited to find Avengers mechanical pencils. I stocked up on Sharpie clear view highlighters.
DIY Duct Tape Pencil Pouch
While we were there we found an aisle full for duct tape. With tons of patterns and designs… inspiration struck. We raced home to create duct tape pencil pouches. (To hold all of the new school supplies of course!)
What you need: cloth (we used old shirts), black marker, scissors, fancy duct tape and velcro.
- Measure. Use the supplies that will be kept in the pencil pouch as a guide for how wide you want the pouch to be. We used the edge of an old cardboard box to get a straight line.
- Cut. Easy peasy, just cut on the line your drew.
- Decorate. Use the duct tape to decorate one side of the cloth. Big M chose to keep his pencil pouch one color. Little M went for a pattern.
- Form the pouch. Decide on height of the pouch and fold it there. Fold a piece of duct tape around the edge. Make sure to cover the front and the back as evenly as possible. (Tip: Double check that the tape is fully covered. There was a spot on the inside of each of the pouches that needed a little extra tape to cover up the sticky spots.)
- Add details. Use washi tape or more duct tape to add details. Fold duct tape around the edges of the top as well, checking that it comes to the spot you want in the front. Add velcro to the cover to keep all of your supplies safe and sound.
Want to have some fun with school supplies? Get that #NewGearFeeling … visit the sweepstakes and Enter Now. There are 8 different back to school personalities to choose from! (And a ton of goodies being offered.)
What’s your favorite school supply?
Leave a Reply