This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Capital One for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Every Christmas my sister and I make a point of having the cousins give each other gifts. They love it and it is a good way to make sure receiving awesome gifts isn’t the only thing the kids get excited about. For the past few years we’ve had them buy small gifts from the local dollar store or craft store. This year we’re trying something new and having them make gifts for each other.
As always I wanted to share some of the ideas that I found. (And ask for you to add to the list of course!) Leave a description or a link in the comment section telling us about gifts your kids have made.
Christmas Gifts Kids Can Make for Each Other
- A copy of their favorite book – What is more fun than passing along your something that you truly enjoyed? Kids can pass along the copy they read or buy a brand new copy (and keep the old one 😉 ).
- Dinosaur Soap – This soap making idea from Kids Crafts by Three Sisters is so simple you could add any little toy to personalize the gift for the kid on the receiving end. (LEGO soap would go over big in this house.)
- Snow Globe Magnets – I adore these snow globe magnets from A Girl and a Boy. How cool would it be to have your kids draw a picture for the background and then create the snow globe. I’m sure that’s a gift any kid would love to get.
- Pretty Monogram – These yarn wrapped letters are simple enough for kids to make and pretty enough to hang on the wall for a very long time.
- Patchwork Notebook – I think this is the gift M and M will be making for their cousins this year. The patchwork notebooks from iHanna are so pretty and offer a great opportunity to get creative (both for the gift giver and gift receiver).
A Wish for Others
Capital One is running with the idea of giving this holiday season. Instead of asking people to share what they wish for, they are asking people to share their wish for others. What a neat idea! The wish can be for anyone else; a family member, a friend, a neighbor, or an entire community.
From Nov. 24 through Dec. 23 Capital One will be watching Twitter, Instagram, and the Capital One Facebook page for the #WishForOthers hash tag. One lucky winner will have the chance to make that dream come true.
Are you wondering what to submit yourself? Check out the the wishes that have been submitted so far at Wish For Others (You can also get more information on submission guidelines.) You can see our wish for others in the video below.
I would love to know what you are submitting! Share the link to your submitted video in the comments (or just tell us your wish!)
Leave a Reply