It’s that time of year again! We get to shower the teachers we love with the appreciation they deserve. Finding the perfect teacher gift can be a bit of a challenge.
I am really excited about the gift we’re making this year. It gives the kids a chance to show off the writing skills they’ve worked so hard on over the past year.
I actually planned this activity as a storytelling into writing activity. The kids changed it into something totally different. That’s what I really like about this gift idea. We can provide the tools they need to show their appreciation …just how they want to show it!
Writing Activity for Teacher Appreciation
What you need: Lined paper, white paper, colored pencils, pencils and note cards.
To prepare for this activity: cut two pieces of lined paper in half. Then create 15-20 writing prompt cards. On each card write a school related word.
Here are some school words (to get you started):
- field trip
- Mrs. (Mr.)
To carry out the activity: Invite your kids to write a story for their teacher using the half sheets of paper. Read through the cards together. Talk about different types of writing they’ve learned about this year.
Use only one side of the paper but fill as many pages as you would like!
Tip: If your little one needs a little help getting started, try making up a story using the prompt cards. You can go first. “Once upon a time there was a book that was accidentally left at school.” Give your kid an opportunity to add a bit to the story. You can go back and forth like this until inspiration strikes!
Adding in art: Once the writing is complete, staple the writing pages to a sheet of white paper. Give the kids a chance to decorate the page for their teacher. That’s it! Easy, cute and fun!
More about SONIC Drive-In’s Limeades for Learning
- Each year, teachers spend more than $1 billion of their own money on school supplies. From books to technology to maps and music, teachers bring learning to life every day.
- Since 2009, SONIC has served as an advocate for teachers in local communities through its Limeades for Learning program, a national initiative in partnership with DonorsChoose.org to provide teachers with essential funds to continue inspiring creativity and learning in public school classrooms across the country.
- SONIC will launch #ThanksTeach images and videos across its Facebook, Instagram and Twitter channels for Teacher Appreciation Month For every retweet, share in the month of May, SONIC will donate to public school classrooms. Join the fun!
Check out the latest Hatch Kids video, sharing their #ThanksTeach moments.
What is a fun gift you’ve given for teacher appreciation? Tell us about it in the comments and you will be entered to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/3/2016 – 5/31/2016
Be sure to visit the SONIC Limeades for Learning brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!