It’s time to talk spring cleaning. We are almost completely done with a massive clean out and I am ready to take a break from clearing out. Instead I want to turn my focus to scrubbing the house from top to bottom.
I’m sitting down over the weekend to make a list of what needs to be done in each room. This year I want to make sure the kids help. So first things first… a list of what they can do! I figured you might have the same idea so I’m sharing the list here. I would love for you to add your ideas to the comment section.
This post is brought to you by Fellowes 79Ci shredder. The 79Ci features a sleek design and advanced technologies such as; patented 100% Jam Proof System that eliminates paper jams and powers through tough jobs, heavy-duty cross-cut blades that can handle up to 16 sheets of paper per pass in addition to staples, paper clips, credit cards, junk mail and CDs, and an extended 20 minute run time for increased productivity.
- Baseboards. Vacuum and wipe them down.
- Bedding. Collect all pillows and comforters.
- Clean Couches. Remove cushions and vacuum. Bonus: You get to keep any change you find!
- Clean Light Switches.
- Wipe Down Doors. And door knobs of course.
- Empty Small Spaces. Those little bodies are perfect for sliding under beds and couches to retrieve stashed items!
- Clean Small Spaces. While you’re there wipe clean or use the vacuum hose to reach the parts Mom can’t.
- Organize Movies. Put all the movies in the correct cases.
- Organize Books. Check books for damage and stack them by size.
- Check Art Supplies. Try markers, pens, pencils and crayons. Get rid of any that don’t work.
- Wash Outside Toys. Get all those toys ready for some outside playtime.
- Wash Car Tires. What a great reason to get into a bathing suit before summer!
- Pull weeds.
- Wash Inside Toys. Find toys that need to be washed and fill the bathtub with dish washing soap.
- Prep Stuffed Animals. Fill pillow cases with stuffed animals so they are ready for the washing machine.
- Shred Papers. Fellowes 79Ci shredder has a patented SafeSense® Technology that automatically stops shredding when hands touch the paper opening and SilentShred™ Technology that offers ultra-quiet shredder performance. Both of these features make it perfect for kids to use!
- Flip Mattress. As I type that I can just imagine the fun my two would have with this. 🙂
- Wipe Down Appliances. Or at least any you can reach.
- Sort Toy Bins. Make sure all toys are where they are supposed to be.
- Regular chores. Do a little more than normal (vacuuming, dishes, picking up, etc) so those things don’t pile up for Mom while she does the deep cleaning.
Remember to celebrate a job well done!