Last Minute Christmas Gift – Peppermint Swirl Cake
I’m a planner. (But you know that already, right?) This year teacher gifts completely slipped my mind when the gift planning happened. I realized on Monday that we have two weeks until Christmas break and I had no idea what gift to give the teachers. I certainly want them to know how wonderful they are. So the right gift is important.
That’s when I was asked to team up with Betty Crocker™ and Hershey’s®. The ease and love are baked right in when you use Betty Crocker™ and Hershey’s® for your holiday delights. (Since I was in serious need of EASE and LOVE… it was perfect timing.)
This gift project was a triple win! The kids did the bulk of the work (YAY for kid made!), they turned out to be adorable (and unique), they were super easy (and fast). We were excited and proud to hand these over to our hard working teachers.
Not only did Albertsons have all the supplies needed, they are also responsible for the recipe we used. We choose Holiday Swirl Cake from the list of all new recipes. (Check out the other three exclusive recipes: Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Brownies, Pumpkin Chocolate Caramel Cookies & Turtle Sugar Cookie Cups.)
Last Minute Christmas Gift
Peppermint Swirl Cake
What you need: Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs, peppermint extract, red food color.
- Follow the simple baking directions for Holiday Swirl Cake. (PS. Albertsons let’s you click on the ingredients you need to form a printable shopping list… so cool!)
- Let the cake cool for an hour.
Chocolate and Peppermint Toppings
What you need: Hershey’s™ spreads chocolate, whipped topping, Hershey’s™ Kisses™ candy cane flavored candies, Hershey’s™ milk chocolate candy bar, plastic container.
- Cut the cake into large pieces.
- Place onto the lid of a plastic container.
- Spread whipped topping over cake.
- Spread Hershey’s™ spreads chocolate on top of the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle chopped up Hershey’s™ milk chocolate candy bar and chopped up Hershey’s™ Kisses™ on top.
- Add one more Hershey’s™ Kisses™.
- Try very hard not to eat it yourself.
After the cakes were made we carefully placed the lid on top. Wrapping a ribbon around the container and placing a bow on top. As if they weren’t cute enough we added a little candy cane card with the teachers name.
What gift did you give the teachers this year? Did you plan ahead or was it last minute?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker™ and Hershey’s® . The opinions and text are all mine.
Comments are closed.