One of my favorite kid activities is setting up a creative kid table. The release of The new Peanuts Movie offers the perfect opportunity to have some play dough fun, Peanuts style!
Rounding up the materials was easy and setting up the table was so much fun… I almost didn’t need to join in the play. But I am so glad I did!
I’ve teamed up with Albertsons today to spread the word that The Peanuts Movie is coming! It will be in theaters November 6th. YAY!
Check out the Peanuts Sweepstakes and enter to win one of two awesome prizes.
What you need: Play dough, felt, craft sticks, pipe cleaners, ribbon, foam pieces, other odds and ends.
- Prepare some of the pieces. Make Charlie Brown zigzags from the pipe cleaners, tie a few blue bows for Lucy and cut some black Snoopy ears.
- Keep some pieces whole so that your kids can twist, tie and cut on their own.
- Use plastic containers to keep mixed play dough colors fresh. We used Ziploc Extra Small Square Containers. (Bought at Albertsons of course!)
- Visit the The Peanuts Movie website and watch the trailer. They also have pictures of each character. Little M used that as guide for some of her creations.
- Challenge your kids to create a new Peanuts character, perhaps mixing some of the traits of their favorites. What would Lucy look like if she was as filthy as pig pen?
- Use the play dough Peanuts characters you’ve created to tell a story or set up a scene.
Stop by your participating Albertsons store and pick up an exclusive reusable Peanuts branded trick-or-treat bag. (These are available with select purchases and while supplies last.)
Others ways to have some Peanuts fun:
- Check you local library for Peanuts books. I looked… there are a ton!
- Print out some blank comic strips and create your own Peanuts scene. You can use this a fun way to predict what will happen in the movie!
- Make it a Charlie Brown kind of meal with just a few simple details add to dinner.
Which Peanuts character is your favorite?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.